Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I have to say that "2" a fun and tough season!!! A few Abbyisms...



1. I tell Abby pretty regularly that she makes me happy... a few times this week, she told me "Abby happy making"



2. A new CD we have been listening to in the car puts Scripture to music for kids & Abby's favorite song is "Be Patient". The entire lyrics are "Be patient with everyone. 1 Thessalonians 5, Verse 14. She sings "patience" all day long. The song lasts only 15 seconds... the moment is it over she says, "Mommy, more patience"... and if any other song is playing, she insists over and over, "Mommy, patience"... I can't overlook the irony that she so impatiently insists on hearing a song starring patience.



3. She melts my heart when she says with her little drawl, "more kisses" and then, "more side" (as she turns her face so that I can kiss the other side)



4. Lately, she has been telling Daddy in the morning as he kisses her on the way out the door, "Mommy, more side"... to make sure Mommy gets a kiss from Daddy too.



5. She loves baby dolls & has a growing collection, all named "baby" until recently when she started calling one of them "more baby". Well, "more baby" is an older doll, perhaps an antique, and her head came off the other day. Even after Popop fixed it, she nearly runs away from it, as if fearful of her. And she repeats over & over throughout the day, "More Baby boken"



6. I went to pick her up at the gym "kids club" last week & was momentarily horrified to discover that her brand new Stride Rite tennis shoes were missing & had been replaced by a beaten up pair of knock-off crocs that I had never before seen. After searching around, I uncovered her new shoes & had her put them on. Just then, one of the kids clubs "teachers" walked by & said, "oh there are so & so's shoes!" Apparently, another kid's mom had to take her child home without shoes because they could not find them. They never thought to look on Abby's feet! But now she has a reputation...



7. Daddy tells Abby "adios muchacha" when he leaves. Now Abby tells him "bye-bye chacho"



8. She surprised me last week with her first complete sentence... "I want more popcorn". It has been quickly followed up by a litanty of sentences with a very predictable consistency.... "I want ______"

No comments:

Post a Comment