Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tummy Yuckies - Part 2

Abby got a case of the tummy yuckies a few weeks ago... the hardest part of it for me was not the surprise "fro-up" down my shirt several times and it wasn't cleaning the floors, sheets, PJs, etc. over & over again all weekend... It was not knowing how to help Abby understand that it was for her own good that I was withholding food. Here are video clips of her pleading for cereal, bananas, bread, toast, juice, medicine! and, lastly, ice cream! I love it that all of the pleas were directed at me, until she got to her last and most desperate plea... ice cream, which she directed at Daddy.

As she started to recover, we spent a lot of time sitting on my bed, watching Elmo. Whenever she would ask for bread or cereal, she would add at the end - "in bed" to make sure Mommy knew that she wanted to enjoy her snack "in bed". Well, snacks in bed was a hard habit to break after the "fro-up" was all gone.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that breaks my heart! Daddy ice cream? IIIIIICE CREEEEEEEEAM?

    Poor girl, I'm glad she is feeling all better. You are a good momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that breaks my heart! Daddy ice cream? IIIIIICE CREEEEEEEEAM?

    Poor girl, I'm glad she is feeling all better. You are a good momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. has the poor girl had ice cream yet? i heard pop pop was babysitting yeterday....i bet she got some.
    glad you are feeling better miss abby. poor girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. has the poor girl had ice cream yet? i heard pop pop was babysitting yeterday....i bet she got some.
    glad you are feeling better miss abby. poor girl.

    ReplyDelete