Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Abbyisms

Abbyisms overheard in the last week...

1. Abby goes into Katie's room first to greet her in the morning while I am making breakfast. Recently, when I joined her in Katie's room, she said, "Mommy, there was a bug on Katie's face". That gave me a little panic, because bugs crawling on my children at night is one of my pet concerns. So, I asked Abby what color the bug was. She said, "orange!" That set my concerns to rest & convinced me her comment was evidence of her growing sense of humor, not night-time crawlies.

2. After playing outside yesterday, Abby said urgently, "Mommy, there is a spider crawling up on you!" My gut reaction was to believe her & strip my shirt off...I never spotted a spider, and as of right now, I still do not know for sure whether I was duped by my 2-yr-old or not.

3. She is overheard frequently telling her Daddy not to use something or not to throw something away because "it is expensive"... hmmm... wonder where she learned that one? Since Jake's and my respective degrees of frugality (or not) is one of our "hot" issues, it is all the more humorous when Abby is the messenger.

4. She is completely potty trained & wears big girl panties, except during sleepy time. She told me the other day after pooping in her pull-up right after a nap that she did not want to poop in her potty because it would get her potty all dirty.

5. Likewise, after getting her haircut on Monday, she began to cry when Jake started to wash it that evening, because she said he was "messing up my haircut!"

6. Her new thing is to holler casually, "hey Mom!"... all day long!

7. After a grocery store employee helped take our groceries to the car on Sunday & Abby was all loaded in the car, Abby said, "Mom, where is the lady with a pink mouth?" The lady had very bright pink lipstick on.

8. Abby is into stickers. Unfortunately, she does not understand the difference between stickers and stamps... discovering stamps all over our house one morning gave me a good opportunity to explain the meaning of the word "expensive."

9. Katie gets decked out with Abby's stickers quite frequently. One Sunday Katie had a sticker on her sleeve all through church. When I went to change her for naptime, I took a closer look... it said "kwanza"... how appropriate for church! (Abby discovered it in her Highlights magazine book of holiday stickers)

3 comments:

  1. I think there has been a million Abbyism over at our house too... trouble is... I can't remember them. She is funnnnnny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You think she's seen reactions to bugs and is trying to see them again? She's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the giggles this morning! i giggled out loud at the thought of you ripping your shirt off while abby just laughed at you. i think you were duped.

    ReplyDelete