Monday, November 16, 2009



Katie birth --
you make me feel like dancing
only just begun



Many blog-free weeks inevitably leads to a very long post eventually... those of you who graciously readmy blog, please know I fully expect you to skip these over long & rambling posts. My only reason for bothering with them is for my eventual "baby book" I plan to have printed and bound. So, here goes the update full of notes I have been taking for the last two months:



1. Yesterday, we woke up to hearing Katie cooing and talking, and Abby was hollering from her room, "Hi, Katie. Good morning, sweetheart. I love you. Hi cutie. Suns is up!" Doesn't get much sweeter...







2. Abby is finally into eating real sandwiches. I recently overheard her talking to her sandwich. She said, "ok, roast beef, may I eat you now?"

3. Oh boy, are we into dressing ourselves and changing clothes many, many times a day. I allow it, because I figure she is learning so much about physical movement & her own sense of style... but, it is sooooo irritating to find piles of clothes all over her room... even more irritating is going out in public with her completely mismatcged & frumpy. It is a true challenge of my own sense of security not to make her change out of concern that people will judge me for the unusual sense of style expressed by her outfits. I even let her go to school with one brown patent shoe and one white summer shoe. That was not as difficult as a pink plaid top with red pants... the shoes were obviously toddler-chosen, the top and pants, not as much... I got lots of compliments from teachers & other moms at school for letting her do it.



4. I learned the hard way that I must check before we leave to the house to know whether she has a pull-up or panties on. One time I had helped her get dressed for the day, including a pull-up, but when we were out in public, learned that she had pulled a switch-a-roo on me... putting panties on!







5. One morning, when Abby woke up, she said randonly, "I don't have a clock in my room!" Now she says it randomly all the time.




6. We have been training hard on some subjects around here. Within five to ten minutes after arriving at our house for a visit, you could probably identify all of them. Abby regularly corrects us with "no yelling in the house, Mommy" & "don't go in the street!". She has a radar that detects every single use of the word "no", and she will catch it in any context in conversation, and say "don't say "no" Mommy"


7. When we were entering a gated neighborhood last week, she yelled at the guard, "don't go in the street!"

8. reverse monitor, katie go back to sleep






rejoice in the Lord





in want sunscreen on my hiney





no katie, not your birthday, its jesus' birthday





doing my tummy time




















Did you go teetee Mommy? when she heard me in the M&Ms


















1. Katie is sooooo sad. I am calming her.












2. Dad, we made you pasta. It's in Katie's room.












3. I am foing out to eat tonight to eat hamburgers at a restaurant with Jeff. Anthony, Murray.












4. This is baby dorothy. Her Mommy is at FT.






















5. Mommy, don't go in the street! To stangers, don't go in the street!






















6. Don't teetee on the bed, m ommu.











7. Do you need to go poopoo more, Daddy?











8. Don't get squashed!











9. letters on trucks and signs around our car




















10. Give God the girly, girly, girly, children of the Lord




















11. Talling into the monitor to Katie, telling her to go back to sleep




















12. Katie born to "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" & "We Only Just Begun" as we left OR




















13. Pick a question




















14. Oh, that's my Moses




















15. Jeremiah is not kind




















16. pick a questio











17. Mimi, I need medicine. (on tea cups)














18. Hi girls! (at panera)














19. Excuse me, guys... (at post office)














20. My head is bumpy (need band-aid)














21. I think about my atittude when i laying down... it is good














22. Scott, I got big girl panties at Target!












23. I saw you hugging me in my sleep.












24. Thank you for offering me juice. I don't need it now.












25. Band-aid all week on head












26. post office - excuse me , guys. hi girls!












27. Give God the girly, girly












28. Daddy: I like your outfit Abby. Abby: You cant' wear it. You're too big"












29. Buggy












30. Shar!

No comments:

Post a Comment