Friday, July 4, 2008

Celebrating Freedom

Look who celebrated her freedom by walking! She has dabbled in walking for weeks -- taking a few steps and then shaking her head "no" and sitting down. She decided today was the day to go full forward. Perhaps she was inspired by all of the kids in the parade we went to this morning with the Purintons. Who knows? Anyway, this video is not great, but it's the only one I could manage to catch today. After the first little clip of walking & crashing, the rest is video of me trying to persuade Abby to give it another try while I had the video ready... of course not! Yes, if you are wondering, that is a bag of popcorn in her hand... you just never know what she is going to latch onto.


After an hour of practicing her walking, we went to Cori & Shane's house for a yummy shrimp boil that Jake's mom & sister made. Abby loved hanging out with her cousins, Grayson & Jackson. It was fun to see her playing like a big kid...






Photos by Shane Kyle
www.flickr.com/photos/sixtytwotwelve

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Abby, Wow you sure are growing up. Walking!!! You know so much. Happy 4th of July little girl in Red.
    Wow Sharla, I'm so at aye to see you have mastered putting on a video already. Took me two years but I'm old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popcorn smells good. Probably better than some of Abby's stinky dolls that have gone for a swim or two. I totally get it :)

    Sweet girl, I can't believe you are walking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a fast walker! Seeing her play with her play stage, made me realize that I need to put new batteries in ours. it's soooo dying. But, i never realized until your video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the video and her "lovey"---a bag of popcorn!! I am enjoying your blog, Sharla!

    ReplyDelete