Thursday, July 31, 2008

Abby Meets the Wiggles!

Grandma treated Abby to her first concert ~ The Wiggles! Even though Abby had never heard of them before, when Grandma would ask "Abby, do you want to see The Wiggles?", Abby would wiggle away... I guess she learned the word "wiggle" at Mother's Day Out or from one of her singing toys. Here's Abby to tell you all about The Wiggles...

Big time excitement... I couldn't help but squeal all the way through the parking lot & up the sidewalk into the AT&T Center.




It got even better when we got inside... look at all these colorful lights!


I met our neighbors as soon as we got to our seats. They had a big bucket of popcorn, big enough for sharing! At first, they held on tightly, but with a few smiles & a few points at the bucket, I wore 'em down. They offered a few handfuls, but I think they were glad when the show started so that they didn't have to share anymore.


At first when the lights went down & action began, I was a little scared.


But as soon as the music started, it was all fun!


Grandma remembered to bring Goldfish & my sippy cup for the show. There was even a little cupholder just for my sippy cup!


Goldfish are good & all, but popcorn! And it surrounded me on every side! This neighbor was an easy target... just one little glance & a point at his bucket, and his popcorn was all mine, little by little...

First, one handful....


Then, another handful...


Then, a whole cupful...


Eventually, I scored the entire bucket for myself...


What's the problem, Mom? He's happy to share!


Even that big bucket of popcorn ran dry, so I had to begin work on the other neighbor's Hershey bar... Mom drew the line on that!


Once the food was gone, I had plenty of time on my hands. So I decided to give the man in front of us a quick little shower... I just turned my sippy cup upside down above his head. Mom & Grandma gasped, and were relieved to see that my sippy cup didn't pour out. Whew! Then I noticed this woman's hair was so pretty. I just wanted to feel how soft it was. And her shoulders were perfect for me to hang onto while I danced & enjoyed the show.


The show was great!



But I have to say that my favorite part of the day was getting to walk up & down the long hallways filled with bright lights, people & fun!



I seized the day & had a ball..."don't miss a moment!" (Grandma & Mom noticed the perfect backdrop for this photo after we got home- they said it captures how they feel about life with me too).


No! No! Grandma, I am not ready to go!


In case you didn't get the message, I really don't want to go yet...


My Grandma is the best. Thanks for taking me to The Wiggles, Grandma!

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed seeing your trip to the Wiggles! Sharla, you are doing an amazing job at blogging--I view each one over and over whenever I log on. Thanks for sharing Abby's adventures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that little face when the lights went down, poor girl. Looks like all of your neighbors had a great time too, Abby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The WIGGLES!!! Oh my gosh...that is the cutest!

    Abby, you're great at blogging. And, your writing skills are tremendous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like we have a walker!! Great job. How did you know about the Wiggles? I'll have to start reading the paper or just calling you for SA updates on kids entertainment.
    Great blogging Abby! I knew you were smart.

    ReplyDelete