Sunday, May 9, 2010

Abbyisms

1. One morning, out of the blue she said, "last week, I went behind that chair (in the living room) and ate a coffee bean"

2. She tells me a lot, "Mommy, I am frustrated about you!"

3. When Daddy leaves for work, she asks 15 times in a row, "Daddy, why are going to work" "Daddy, why are you getting in your car" "Daddy, will you eat dinner with me tonight?"

4. Mimi explained that smiling is good because it makes other people happy.... and suggested Abby try it, one day when she had quite a 'tude. In response, she actually said, "I don't want Katie to be happy. I want her to stay frustrated."

5. I walked by Abby's room around 11pm and was shocked to hear her yell out, "Mommy!" When I went in, she explained very coherently that she needed help putting Baby's jammies back on. When I told her that it was sleeping time, not play time, she protested, saying that she was NOT playing, but that she was simply taking good care of her Baby because Baby had leaked out of her diaper and needed a clean one.

6. Now that she is three, she goies to "Training in the Pews" at church. She calls it "Training & Confused." She may be on to something... reformed Presbyterian doctrine can be somewhat confusing. Ha ha!

7. When our church moved to its new location, Abby declared that she did not like the brown church.

8. She loves to ask the same question over and over. Sometimes, I humor her; other times, I simply say, what do you think? One morning, for the 5th time, she asked me where her Daddy went. The look on my face must have clued her in that the game was over on my end, because, before I responded, she quickly said, "Oh, I think you told me."

No comments:

Post a Comment