Friday, May 7, 2010

Catching Up & Looking Back

Whoa! I am so far behind on blogging. Tonight I cleaned out my camera and, as I looked at old photos, I was amazed at how much has changed in just a matter of months. Where does time go? I ask myself how I can possibly find a way to live each day in the knowledge that my little girls will be little for only so long and that each minute of these early years has such an impact on who they become? Anyway, here's a glimpse of life only two or three months ago. Every trip to the car was a battle with Abby wanting to bring everything she owns... then leaving it in a heap on the floor of my car to accumulate until Jake would get frustrated enough to shovel it all out into a box stuffed in the garage. I remember telling Abby that she could not bring everything with her to run errands because it would make my car junky and then she would tell strangers in the grocery store checkout that her Mommy's car is junky. It's funny to see her carrying all of her blankies and backup blankies, because these days she is set on only one of the six... which she can identify by SMELL! She will hold them all up to her nose, smelling each and rejecting each until she gets to the ONE... despite my best-laid plans to have lots of backups, we now have only one that can satisfy. When she is in a generous mood, she tells me, "Mommy, you can smell my blankie if you want to." Smelling her blankie is her comfort... quirky, but cute!








No comments:

Post a Comment