Thursday, May 20, 2010

Big Accomplishments!

Katie still does not manage to appear in the blog as much as her big sis. Yet, she has accomplished so much in just a few short months. Yesterday morning, Katie was fussing when she was supposed to be napping... which is not too typical for her. Anyway, I ignored, and the fussing escalated to screaming. So, I gave in and went to check it out. As I opened the door, I said, "what's the deal?", only to have my question clearly answered with the sight of my "baby" standing in her crib. Apparently, she couldn't figure out how to get back down... I am giving her the benefit of the doubt that she was intending to take her nap after a brief test run in standing independently.


Daddy's proud of her musical abilities showing up at such an early age..

I think she surprised herself when she successfully made a sound with this recorder for the first time this afternoon.



She clearly understands the word "no" and, just like her sister, one of her early favorite words is "hi". She says "hi" anytime she sees a phone and anytime someone walks in or out of a room. Yesterday, we had a brutal 2+ hour wait in a doctor office, and she said "hi" to every single patient walking in and out. She definitely cheered the place up. She also says "Abba" sometimes for "Abby". My favorite is her roaring like a bear. If you ask her what the bear says, she roars. Even if you don't ask, she roars a lot. I think it is a defense mechanism of younger siblings... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment