Sunday, October 19, 2008

Berry Power

Have you had your raspberries today?


No? Here's Abby to tell you why you should...

Did you know that raspberries rank near the top of all fruits for antioxidant strength? Yes, it's true, I just learned about that today! They have lots of ellagic acid, quercetin, gallic acid, anthocyanins, cyanidins, pelargonidins, catechins, kaempferol and salicylic acid in them... yes, I can say all of these words! :-) They think raspberries help protect you against all kinds of bad stuff like inflammation, cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, allergies, cognitive decline, degeneration of eyesight. Even a one-year old can learn anything on Wikipedia...

So get to the store for your daily serving right away! And tell 'em Abby sent you.

Paid for by National Rapsbeerry Growers of America

4 comments:

  1. will she share them????? ha Glad to know and I'm off for the new HEB store now. Surely they will have them... I need all the help I can get. Thanks Abby. I like the way you eat them. One finger at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, will i get a discount for saying "abby sent me"? so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not so sure I want to eat raspberries anymore with all that stuff in them. I mean who likes gallic acid or pelargonidins in their food? Thanks for warning me, sweet Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somebody ate all of ours... I think we will have to get some more tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete