Thursday, July 22, 2010

Abbyisms

1. As we are walking out the door to drop her at summer school, she gets an urgent look on her face and says, "Mom, your pants don't match!" Huh? Is my 3-yr-old really giving me fashion advice?

2. "Haha! Mom, I ran into the wipees and went ka-boom! Watch! I'll show you!" Then reinacts the scene with lots of laughter.

3. "Watch me!" "Watch me!" "Watch me!"

4. After not taking a nap at Mimi's and Mimi telling her that she could not watch a DVD because she had not slept yet, "Mimi, work with me here!" So, Jake. Can't you hear him now?

5. She is so excited about summer school at her new preschool that she is already dressed and ready with shoes on by the time she opens her door and hollers down the hall in the morning. On Monday when I went in to get her, she said, "Look, Fancy Nancy is standing all by herself. She was holding Cindy, but I had to take Cindy since she was going to poop in her panties and she is too little to wear panties. Oh, and look at Fancy Nancy's panties they have lace like mine." When I pointed out that Nancy's did not have a bow like hers and that Nancy would love a bow since she is so fancy, without missing a beat, Abby said, "She did have a bow on her panties, but Cindy pulled it off because they were fighting over the bow and they both wanted it." She lives and breathes her pretend world so richly. So fun to see how naturally it comes to her. When I enter into pretend world with her, it is an effort for me to stay for long... but I try, for her benefit and mine...

1 comment:

  1. Abbyism... she is funny.

    I haven't been on the computer much lately, you have been busy. Thanks for all of the updates, you kinda hit a splurge in posts... keep it up we like it.

    ReplyDelete