Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby

OK, this is sad. I am blogging about a babydoll's birthday before I am blogging about our sweet Katie's first birthday! Check back soon for Katie's birthday! Abby woke up one morning and declared that it was Baby Doll's first birthday. So, making a reasonable and rational decision, I planned an impromptu party and purchased gourmet cupcakes from Cupcake Couture. Yum! Ok, so I was really very pleased to have an excuse to buy a half dozen yummy cupcakes. We partied at my parents' neighborhood pool, sang "happy birthday", watched Baby Doll blow out her candle and enjoyed sugary bliss. The sweetest moment for me was when I peeked into Abby's room where she had disappeared alone for quite a while before the party, and I discovered her dressing Baby Doll in a frilly pink party dress and shoes just like a real mom would. So precious.


1 comment:

  1. I love Abby's imagination---she is so much fun to be around!!! This was a fun (and delicious)bd to celebrate.
    Are you prepared to celebrate the bd of EACH of her doll's birthdays, Sharla---that will be a lot of yummy cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete