Thursday, July 1, 2010

When I am a Mommy

Tonight as I was cuddling with Abby at bedtime, she randomly said, "Mommy, when you get little, I am going to be your mommy. I am going to buckle you into the car and run back in the house to get things. And when you throw-up, I am going to get you your bucket. And when you are sick, I am going to pack your backpack and take you to the hospital. OK? Let me show you what I mean... (standing up out of the bed) See, you will be this tall (as short as her bellybutton) and I will be this tall (as tall as her arms can stretch)...

5 comments:

  1. Very sweet. Hope she remembers that when you're old instead of little!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I like the idea of her buckling me into the car & running back in the house for things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did she say anything about changing diapers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom - she'll probably be littler when she's old, it's really perfect. I'll be sure to remind Abby of this posting when you're old. Oh. Wait. I'll be old too. I'll tell Ollie.

    That was a really sweet post. I love that girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're really going to SHRINK, Sharla, if you'll only come up to her bellybutton!!! Abby is such a thoughtful, sweet child. I love her dearly!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete