Sunday, October 18, 2009

Abbyisms

1. Last weekend when it was cold and rainy, we walked into Mimi and Popop's house to see Abby's first fire in a fireplace. She had a perplexed look on her face, and then as if she figured it all out, said to Popop, "you got meat?" She has only seen fire in the BBQ in the backyard where Popop grills "meat".

2. Recently when I was sitting on the floor playing with Katie, Abby walked up behind me and gave my shoulder a little squeeze, while leaning forward to my face & said affectionately, "have a good day, Mom?" She was mimicking her Dad.

3. When she had a stomach virus last weekend and slept a lot, she kept telling me "I sleeping good." This round of tummy yuckies was much easier than ever before since she understands what I am saying whe I explain that she can't have any food. She told me every half hour that she was better and that she wanted chocolate milk.

4. She told me the other day that it is "Abby's job to take care for Katie" (I tell her regularly that she needs to be gentle with Katie because it is her job to take good care of her sister).

5. Sad to say that Katie woke up with a bug bite on her leg one morning last week. When Abby noticed it, she said "Katie have owie..." then she proceeded to fold her hands and pray "Dear God, Katie owie. Amen"

6. She told me on Saturday when she woke up that she was "tooting in sleeping"

4 comments:

  1. OH my gosh! She's hilarious! I love her excitement too. Totally contagious. let's get our kiddos together SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh! She's hilarious! I love her excitement too. Totally contagious. let's get our kiddos together SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, what a sweet sister. Maybe she was dreaming of the little toots when she was sleeping?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, what a sweet sister. Maybe she was dreaming of the little toots when she was sleeping?

    ReplyDelete