Thursday, October 15, 2009

Preschool Crush

Huh? The object of Abby's first little crush is Jeff Wiggle...you know, from the Wiggles? She is thoroughly enamored with all of the Wiggles, but Jeff is her favorite. Abby had been carrying one of the Wiggles DVD cases with her everywhere like a lovie. She would place it on the table next to her at meals. She would just stare at the pictures on the cover and make up all kinds of imaginary stories about those guys. I have since put some limits on carrying the DVD case around, but that has not stopped her from asking me all kinds of questions about the Wiggles like: "What is Jeff doing, Mom?" "Where is Jeff, Mom?" "Jeff sleeping, Mom?" "Jeff eating, Mom?" "Dorothy hurt her foot & needs to go to the doctor"

She also walks around singing out the word "aguatiba" in a very definite sing-song pattern... Jake & I had been completely stumped as to what this word means or where she heard it. We've asked her to say it again and again slowly, but to no avail. No recognition from us. That is until I watched the Wiggles Sailing Around the World DVD with her last weekend and just happened to hear them saying this word when visiting Greece. How random that she picked up on that? I still don't know what it means or how to spell it.

One of the characters on the Wiggles is Captain Feathersword. Like all good pirates, he finishes most sentences with an "argh". Tonight when I was singing "God is so good" with her before bed, she kept inserting an "argh" after the end of each sentence during the pause, until I asked her what she was doing. She said she was "argh-ing". Haha

She begged Mimi to take her to see Dorothy the Dinosaur at Fiesta Texas a few weekends ago. So the four of us girls went for a fun day. Abby loved the roller coaster (rode it four times) and all of the other rides. It was a fun, but exhausting day in the Texas heat. We crashed at Mimi's house for a little while afterward. On the way home, Abby tells me from the backseat that she is praying. I look in the rearview mirror and see her with folded hands and bowed head. So I ask her who she is praying for... she says "Abby praying for Mimi get better. Mimi plopped on couch." It apparently did not slip past Abby's watchful eye that Mimi actually rested for a while on her couch. Since Mimi never rests, Abby was concerned.

We tried to buy new sunglasses at the park, but did not find any. Pretty pitiful.






2 comments:

  1. Oh, dear. I've been desperately checking for updates! I love your girls! I'm cracking up at two things:

    1) Abby grabbing your shirt the same way she grabbed MiMi's in the roller coaster from Fiesta Texas last Spring!
    2) Katie's face as she watches Abby devour the sandwich.

    Beautiful girls, all four of them! Thanks for the update. I've been watching "Late for Work" and "Crash for a Laugh" over and over again for a dose of my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear. I've been desperately checking for updates! I love your girls! I'm cracking up at two things:

    1) Abby grabbing your shirt the same way she grabbed MiMi's in the roller coaster from Fiesta Texas last Spring!
    2) Katie's face as she watches Abby devour the sandwich.

    Beautiful girls, all four of them! Thanks for the update. I've been watching "Late for Work" and "Crash for a Laugh" over and over again for a dose of my girls.

    ReplyDelete