Friday, October 30, 2009

Memories for the Baby Book

Here's a list of memories for the baby book....

1. Out of the blue, Abby told me this week, "I want to go have a good time with Mimi". Later that afternoon, she told me, "I am going to have a good day outside" as she opened the door to the backyard.

2. Abby told me today, "Baby's in time out" So I asked her whether she had explained to Baby what she had done wrong to get into time out. She told me that "Baby hit Cindy (the one of her many baby dolls fortunate enough to have a real name)". Then, she walked back to her room to change Cindy because "Cindy had poopoo"

3. After a big rainstorm last week, Abby says from the backseat looking out her window toward Broadway , "Mama there's an ocean". I did not even know she knew the word "ocean"

4. In a store last week, out of the blue, she said to me "I want to change my attitude"

5. Jake went to Dallas last week for most of the week. When I told Abby she said, "I want to invite some friends over"... I am completely serious. That is what she said! Whoa! That's not supposed to be an issue until the teenage years...

6. The entire week Jake was gone in Dallas, Abby kept saying to me, "Is mMy Daddy at Fiesta Texas?" We had explained that Dallas is a city in Texas, and she obviously thought we said "Fiesta Texas".

7. She is in to showers now, rather than baths. She says "rainbow drops keep falling on my head"
8. Believe it or not, I am aleady hearing "Katie is pulling my hair!" and "Katie is kicking me!" when Abby stands too close to Katie.

9. When she does not know a name, she says "hi somebody"

10. She told me the other day, "I made this all by myself; I am a big girl!"

11. She also said one day "you a good mommy".

12. Mosquitoes have been interrupting our peace lately in the house. At dinner, Abby suddenly exclaims, "Wait a minute, Mommy! Squito is on your drink. Put it down right now!" Then she proceeded to hit my glass to get the "squito"

13. After taking a big swig of milk one time last week, she said "I got bigger, Daddy"

14. Daddy broke his toe this week. When Abby saw it, she said to him "that's sad" with genuine compassion. We were so amazed. She overheard Jake explaining to me that it was black and blue. She later said, "toe has black and white on it?"

15. She was standing on my Bible that I accidentally left on the floor this week. I told her, "Abby, please do not stand on Mommy's Bible. Those are God's words to us. We don't want to stand on them. Mimi overheard me and said, "actually, we do want to stand on God's Word..." point taken!

Making cake with Popop! Abby says, "I'm making!"




After school one day


Firefighters visited Abby's school a few weeks ago

I went up to the school for the firemen's presentation and stayed to shoot some photos on the playground. It was kind of fun to be a fly on the wall for my little girl's independent activities.
No surprise that Abby wanted to push the other kids as fast as she could, rather than ride...

I don't remember what caused this fit, but I thought the picture was cute.

Making cookies! She is actually getting good at baking (which is not helping my efforts to lose the baby weight!)

Classic Abby pose... had to have it for the baby book. When she is concentrating extra hard or is tired, out of her element, or in trouble, she typically has her paci in her mouth, while holding her blankie right under her nose.

Mimi and I knew that something was up when Abby wanted to cuddle with Mimi rather than play in the middle of a Saturday afternoon... then conked out in the car on the way home... sure enough, she had a tummy virus a few weekends ago.

Mimi made it all better by getting Abby a new snow white pillow, which she now insists on putting under her head every night.

Yay for the rain (and my new rain boots!)
Daddy's little girl...



4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...she's growing up! I just want to hang out with her! Love the pictures too. I need to find a pic of ryan with that same face, and his lovie. so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...she's growing up! I just want to hang out with her! Love the pictures too. I need to find a pic of ryan with that same face, and his lovie. so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I love that last one of Katie Bug. Such sweet girls, what a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! I love that last one of Katie Bug. Such sweet girls, what a fun week!

    ReplyDelete