Friday, January 8, 2010

Daddy Has Cold Feet...

...no, not about being a Daddy or a husband. Literally, Daddy has cold feet, all because Abby has had such great behavior!

OK, here's the story. It all comes about because I often forget that pre-schoolers still take everything quite literally. One day a few weeks ago, I made the following suggestion to Abby in attempt to inspire obedience and cooperation: "Abby, let's knock Daddy's socks off with a great attitude and obedience!" Well, after demonstrating a great attitude and nearly perfect obedience in getting ready for bed, she told Daddy, "I want to knock your socks off!" I made a futile attempt to explain the non-literal meaning of the phrase, but only ended up frustrating Abby & myself. So, she got to remove Jake's socks that night... and pretty much every night since. Jake says I owe him big time!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, first, super cute story and love those Daddies for things like this! Second, I LOVE LOVE the new do! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet, fun story! Abby, you knocked AnKim & Cott's socks off too! You have such good manners.

    ReplyDelete