Saturday, January 9, 2010

Mommy, My Head is Bumpy

Abby bumped her head one day and, after the tears dried, told me her head was "bumpy" and that she needed a band-aid. She insisted on wearing that band-aid for a solid week. She bathed & showered & slept, but that band-aid did not lose its grip. I even learned from her teachers that they had to bargain to get her to take it off for a class Christmas photo (and even then she insisted on holding it in her own hand during the photo). Eventually, the thing did fall off... leaving two raw red scars where the adhesive had been, far worse than the original "bump". She has a full-blown band-aid obsession now. No day goes by where there has not been some reason to say she needs a band-aid. I am beginning to see a significant pattern of learning obsessions... one always gives way to another right on its heels, and we never know what's next. Do you remember the obsession with turning the water on (and the scary water bill that went with it)? Then there was the obsession with picking up doggy poopoo in the yard. Then, with washing hands. Then, with going potty. I've skipped a bunch of them, but you get the picture. In the next post, I will highlight the most inconvenient obsession for me that is going on right now...

3 comments:

  1. Cutest bandaid model I've ever seen!

    Love your header picture. Piper looks like she's ready to bail from all the craziness. I think she's used to a little more serene life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how long do you think it will be before she is making fake retainers out of paper clips.
    or faking a sprained ankle so she can get crutches (or use the colored wooden can she won at her school carnival)?
    i am not speaking from experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started laughing when I saw the header picture--Piper's eyes look like she is pleading for rescue/like she's saying what am I doing here??? LOVE it!!!!!!

    I'm so glad that Abby's bumpy head is better! She's such a funny, articulate child! I love, love, love this very special child of God!!!

    ReplyDelete