Monday, August 18, 2008

Oooooooooooh!

An online scrapbook... that's what this blog will be for us. Several companies publish blogs as hardback books, so we can have it in permanent form. Blogging is much more convenient than dragging scrapbooking tools out. Like I need another mess in my house these days! So here's the latest...

1. Your favorite word right now is "Ooooooooooooooooh!" It's for anything you find exciting, especially food. You say it when I place a plate of blueberry pancakes on your tray, but goldfish get the same excitement. Then there is also the samples at the grocery store & Costco...you get lots of laughs when you yell "ooooooh" at the samples. And last week at church you let out an excited "oooooooh" as our pastor approached with the communion plate of bread & wine... he veered a little to the right... I think he thought you might actually lunge for some. Smart man!

2. Your new word, which is quickly becoming a runner up favorite is "no, no, no". I knew it would come eventually... I suspect there's no turning back.

3. You swiped my bathing suit top from the edge of the tub & wore it around for most of the afernoon one day last week.


4. You borrowed a cell phone cord from my desk & took off down the hall to your room. Then you went straight to your car & tried to plug the cell phone cord into the gas tank. It was like you picked up the cord with the thought "oh, that will fit perfectly into the tank on my car." Perhaps, we should gather some investors to fund your research into alternative fuels.



5. Here's you & Daddy having a "cancake" date. Until this week, I could slip Daddy the syrup... but you have caught on & say "ooooooooooh"...dealing with syrup in your hair is a new reality.

6. Last week you kept bringing your earplugs to Daddy & turning your head like you wanted him to put them in. Not sure why?

7. You still have a passion for putting stuff into cubbies, containers, holes, etc. Here's a sample of your handiwork...see your sippy cup & several of Mommy's brushes sticking out of the paper cups you had already stuffed into all of the holes.


8. You have enjoyed your first Summer Olypmics, especially the gymnastics. You laugh when they flip. I narrate by saying "watch 'em run, run, run, JUMP!" So later, when we say the same to you, you try! But you don't quite have jumping down- you lift one knee, but the feet don't come off the floor together yet. Don't feel bad, Mommy failed "skipping" in Kindergarten.

9. If you are playing in the same room when the Olympics are on, you throw your hands up into the air above your head when you hear cheering. You do that when fans cheer on a CD of live music too.

10. Jessica Seinfeld's book has become my friend. That's all I'm saying, cuz Daddy might read this & I don't want to blow my secrets in the kitchen!

11. Deception in the kitchen has become normal stuff... so you don't eat avocado anymore, Mommy just spreads it on a piece of bread. And a sprinkle of brown sugar & cinammon will make even sauteed spinach do down without a hitch.

12. You talk constantly when we are in the car... sounds like Japanese to me... I wish I could catch it on camera, but you stop what you are doing as soon as you see the camera.

13. You do like fish. When I put it on your plate, you do your fishy smacking lips.

14. Here's a few old ones, but too good not to include. I always say "I love my girl"... one day I just happened to ask you "where's my girl?" & I was so surprised when you pointed at yourself. And when we ask you "is your diaper wet?" you lean over & look like you could tell.

15. I caught a glimpse of you standing next to your shoes this morning, trying to slip them on.

16. I pushed your high chair out onto the front porch so that I could water the plants while you ate breakfast. You loved it. I noticed a mosquito landed on your forehead, so I leaned over & smacked it... oh, how I would have preferred that you get a mosquito bite on your head than look at me with shocked eyes asking why I would hit you. I wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't trying to harm you so I made a game out of it... I smacked my own head a few times & laughed... until you laughed.

17. This morning you cried when I put your blankie into dryer. Then you walked off for awhile & came back with Lambie & dropped him in too.

18. You are into drawers more than ever now. Today you smell like Daddy's aftershave.

19. You have been shocking us by getting down during storytime, going to your bed, pulling your blankie through the bars & looking back at us like you want to get in.

20. I was reading you "How Do I Love You" this morning & it's so cool that you give me your big fake smile when I read "I love to see you smile." And when we read "I love to watch you sleeping" you pointed at your bed & said "Babby."

21. You are into mimicking what you see on the TV. When we were watching "Praise Baby" you lifted your hands in praise like the kid on the screen & then yawned big like the animals.

22. You decided last week to start using the sign for "more." Out of the blue! I had tried teaching you months ago, but you were too stubborn to let me hold your hands to show you. So I gave up. I can't believe you still remember. Just shows how much kids do remember. Got to be careful what we say... ;-)

23. You have stinky feet! Seriously, the stinkiest!!!

4 comments:

  1. She does have the stinkiest feet. The STINKIEST!

    PEEEEEEEEEEYOOOOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that picture of Abby coming down the sidewalk--love your blog--I find myself looking at it everyday, sometimes more than once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, Little Gray Matters is what gets me through the day sometimes. (today I've read it in it's entirity twice).

    ReplyDelete
  4. ditto. That was a great blog Sharla. Love the pictures and I can just see her doing all those things. So fun to know. What a smart little girl. Let me know if you find a company that will print a blog as is.
    PS yes, your blog is one that I look at when I need a lift.

    ReplyDelete