Friday, August 29, 2008

Thyme for a Bath

Tonight Abby was uncharacteristically clingy while I was making dinner. After failing in my attempts to woo her over to her little kitchen for some pre-dinner playtime, I decided to give in to her persistent requests to be picked up. And I let her have a front-row seat for cooking classes with her favorite personal chef (or so I fancy myself)...we covered the basics... "this is a pot, now we are going to put water in it & put it on the stove to get hot... now let's get the salt out of the spice cabinet...oh, ok, you have your eye on a different spice of choice... no problem, you can hang on to it while Mommy uses the salt..." I was feeling fairly excited about our mini cooking class, thinking we should make it a habit, when all of a sudden we were both covered in thyme. She has clearly mastered screw-off tops... duh I knew that! Anyway, I think Abby wished she had chosen the cinnamon instead of the thyme.



5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Her expressions are priceless. Pop Pop and I are sitting here laughing so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep... Pop Pop is laughing. Not a bad way to learn "you need to listen to Mommy..."

    What a great job Abby's Mommy is doing on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...that second picture is truly priceless. I JUST LOVE HER!
    Let's get the kids together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if that third pictue isn't the most pitiful look for a hard working cook. Precious little Abby, the best cooks go through some pretty big flops. Thyme is my secert ingredent in my chicken salad, but don't tell anyone. You'll like it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha!!! you can see the thyme glistening on her face!
    if you cook anything like mom....abby should really stay away. i think peaches ended up getting icing covered beaters swirled in her tail one time. :)
    i am a little upset though...i really like this dress and was hoping it would make it for my daughter some day. what was i thinking!

    ReplyDelete